Overview of the role
Reporting to AAA KSA Station Manager the Senior Line and Base Maintenance Manager is responsible for all contractual IFEC Maintenance activities based at the assigned Airport
Job specifics and context
The Jobholder has to evolve in multinational, multicultural and complex environment.
Manage a multicultural on-site team requiring a good managerial capacity and experience.
Manage the working conditions and HSE policies in close relationship with HSE representatives from both the local Thales host entity and the Airlines/MRO.
Find a good balance between the customer satisfaction objective, contractual commitments and the defense of Thales IFEC interests.
• Coordinate the daily operation with regards to technical issues and OTP and set priorities in close cooperation with Airline and IFE MCC
• Ensure sufficient resources are available to plan, perform, supervise, inspect and certify the work being performed.
• Observe recognized codes of practice in respect of working conditions, health & safety, environmental and human factors issues.
• Maintain shift rosters.
• Provide adequate tools, equipment and materials to perform the planned tasks.
• Ensure adequate best use of storage facilities, tools, equipment and materials.
• Ensure that maintenance procedures are established and published within the line maintenance organization
• Provide all necessary maintenance data as appropriate to the task being performed.
• Ensure that all maintenance is correctly certified and records of maintenance are retained safely and securely for the statutory period.
• Ensure the completion and certification of all work is in accordance with the customer’s work specification and where applicable, in accordance with the customer’s procedures and standards.
• Notify the Accountable Manager and Quality Manager whenever deficiencies emerge which require attention in respect of finance, resources and the adherence to applicable standards.
• Ensuring that corrective actions are dealt with effectively and in a timely manner.
• Unless previously reported by the Operator, the Line and Base Maintenance Manager is responsible for reporting to the manufacturer and to applicable Authority any condition or component that could hazard safety.
• Ensure the competence of all line maintenance personnel engaged in maintenance by maintaining a programme of initial training and continuation training using internal and external sources, on-the-job instruction and evaluation, examination/testing as necessary and keeping a record of all training and experience of line maintenance personnel.
Staff under supervision:
• Shift Supervisors
Minimum Qualifications Required:
• Master degree in Aviation – Avionic systems engineering or equivalent
Mandatory knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
• Minimum of 5 years of aircraft maintenance experience with at least 2 years of management experience in Line and/or Base.
• Knowledge of electronic and troubleshooting generally acquired through commercial aviation or technical school education combined with five to ten years of related industry experience (Avionics/IFE) with an airline.
• Holding of an Aircraft Engineer License is suitable
Knowledge : Airbus A330 A320 Boeing 787-777-737 technical school education combined with three to five years of related industry experience (Avionics/IFE) with an airline.
• Holding of an Aircraft Mechanic License is suitable
Knowledge : Airbus A330 A320 Boeing 787-777-737