Overview of the role
Manage team of Technicians doing the scheduled and unscheduled IFE maintenance during transit and scheduled checks (daily, weekly, monthly).
Job specifics and context
The Jobholder has to evolve in multinational, multicultural and complex environment.
Manage a multicultural on-site team requiring a good managerial capacity and experience.
Work in shift pattern including night shifts
Find a good balance between the customer satisfaction objective, contractual commitments and the defense of Thales IFEC interests.
• Manage the team of Engineers and Technicians and optimize the work organization in close coordination with MCC and MRO
• Ensure all aircrafts assigned to his team are met.
• Identify necessary actions to restore functional acceptance, which may require the removal and replacement of defective line replaceable modules and/or cabling/consumable parts.
• Communicate and interface with MCC team.
• Report task completion or deferral
• Ensure work is carried out in compliance with company, health and safety and airport procedures and regulations.
• Ensure best use of resources (Staff, parts, tools, equipment, vehicles,..) is made.
• Ensures that all unused serviceable and unserviceable items are returned to stores with the correct part tag attached.
• Maintains equipment and premises utilized by maintenance staff in a serviceable, clean and safe condition.
• Behaves in a manner which reflects a professional approach when dealing with customers.
• Ensure staff is updated on new Technical Notices, Quality Notices issued, general and technical information.
• Ensure appropriate worn of equipment provided by the company for health and safety reasons, and promote corporate image.
• Perform periodic inspections on equipment made available to his team and report any abnormalities to his manager
4.4 Staff under supervision:
• Maintenance staff
Minimum Qualifications Required:
• Bachelor of Science in Aviation Electronics & Communication Engineering
Mandatory knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
• Minimum of 5 years of aircraft maintenance experience with at least 2 years of supervisory experience in Line and/or Base.
• Knowledge of electronic and troubleshooting generally acquired through commercial aviation or technical school education combined with three to five years of related industry experience (Avionics/IFE) with an airline.
• Holding of an Aircraft Mechanic License is suitable
Knowledge : Airbus A330 A320 Boeing 787-777-737